PORAC has been providing representation to public safety officers since 1974. It is run by peace officers, for peace officers with reserves of more than 6.5 million dollars.
The Association is pleased to offer the PORAC Plan 1 as it is the best legal defense offered in the country. This crucial insurance is offered to current Association members. We encourage coverage before any action occurs; eligibility for benefits requires that the member be covered at the time of the incident, whether criminal, civil, or administrative.
Not covered but would like to be?!
If you are a current ACSPP member in good standing and wish to opt in to this plan, you can fill out this Legal Defense Enrollment Form and send it into our administrative office to start your coverage; coverage starts on the first of each month. (Various payment options available.)
If you have coverage and would like to STOP just the Legal Defense Portion, please fill out this Legal Defense Declination Form.
|24 Hours a Day – 7 Days a Week – 365 Days a Year||1-888-556-5631|
|Legal Defense Fund Monthly Premium||$28.90|
• THERE IS NO CAP ON BENEFITS
• #1 Police Labor Firm in the State of Colorado – Bruno, Colin, & Lowe, P.C. http://www.brunolawyers.com
Note: other firms are available for conflict cases.
• Over 94,000 participants nation wide, including local branches like the Denver PPA, Aurora PA, and Colorado Springs Police Protective Association.
Administrative Discipline (act or omission within the scope of employment)
• Representation in cases arising from an act or omission within the scope of employment through the administrative process (non-scope administrative coverage provided through Due Process Hearing).
Criminal (act or omission within the scope of employment)
• Full representation by an experienced criminal attorney from the outset of the investigation through trial.
• This benefit is available no matter which agency does the investigation:
Civil (act or omission within the scope of employment)
• Representation by an experienced civil litigation. Coverage continues until you have no exposure to damages.
• Representation is for defense of actions filed in State or Federal Court.
Customary and Usual Services
• Expert Witnesses
• Court Reporters
• Court Costs
• Each member gets separate counsel.
ACSPP Member Privacy and Confidentiality
Should you opt in for this valuable coverage, it is your personal policy as an ACSPP Member. Any and all communication that you have with PORAC regarding legal consultation remains strictly confidential between you and your appointed attorney only. There is no kind of involvement with the ACSPP in terms of approval or restrictions.
Don’t leave home without Legal Defense!